Paediatric First Aid Course
This 12 hr Paediatric First Aid Course (E-Learning + One Day Practical) is suitable for childcarers including Nannies, Maternity Nurses, Childminders and Nursery Teachers caring for babies and children under 8 years old.
The Paediatric First Aid course allows all candidates to learn and demonstrate essential Paediatric First Aid skills by participating in a blended e-learning course. The course consists of a theory section that is completed in the comfort of your own home before attending the one day practical class (10am – 4pm) in Central London. The 12 hr Paediatric First Aid course meets the full Ofsted and CSSIW registration and also fulfils the Scottish requirements for Early Years
Course Dates & Details
Venue: London Marriott Hotel Kensington, 147c Cromwell Road, Kensington, London, SW5 0TH
Cost: £98pp incl VAT, Cost includes assessment, certification, registration, all course materials and refreshments.
Time: 10am – 4pm
- 17th Jun, 1st Jul , 15th Jul, 12th Aug , 26th Aug, 9th Sep , 23rd Sep, 7th Oct , 14th Oct, 4th Nov , 18th Nov, 2nd Dec , 16th Dec
First Aid Course Content
During the 12 hour First Aid Course the following topics will be covered:
- Dealing with emergencies
- Dealing with conditions such as epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell & diabetes
- Recognising and responding to meningitis and other sudden serious illness
- Contents of a First Aid Kit
- Responding appropriately to burns, scalds & choking
- Recording accidents and incidents
- Planning for First Aid emergencies
- Suspected fractures
- Dealing with shock, blood loss, poisoning, foreign objects and electric shock
- Head neck & back injuries
- Eye injuries, bites, stings, effects of extreme heat & cold, febrile convulsions
Course Structure & Assessment
Stage 1: E-Learning (up to 6 Hours) – Learners access their e-learning via our learning platform. The e-learning part of the course is designed to give you the theoretical knowledge needed to accompany the Practical First Aid course in the classroom.
Stage 2: Classroom (6.5 Hours) – Our specialist trainers guide learners through life-saving techniques, practical exercises and theory.
Course Duration: This course is delivered as a 12 hour blended e-learning course with an at home e-learning module completed before the one-day practical course at our training venue in Central London.
To complete the assessment candidates must ensure their computer meets the minimum requirements.
These requirements include:
- Internet access and a working email address that we can contact you on as well as Word Processing package such as Microsoft Word in order to complete the assessment
- Up to date internet browser such as Internet Explorer/Safari/Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox etc…
- Ability to hear audio/video via your computer as our resource files include video clips
- Use of a computer to complete the coursework. Smartphones and tablets are not suitable for completing the assessment as the display and functionality can be affected.